We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Way Back Wednesday on Thursday

I know I know.....this was supposed to happen yesterday. I lost control of my day the moment I stepped out of bed. Which was at 4:30 a.m. I rode in the very back of a suburban south 2 1/2 hours, sat in a conference all day and returned north 2 1/2 hours in the very back of a suburban. I think I only bitched complained out loud once. In my head, maybe twice. OK...a lot more than twice. I am 5'11" and 42 years old. I am entitled to bitch complain out loud one time per day. Minimum.


Anyway, here is the long awaited post.......

Here we are at Frick and Frack's First Communion in....um.

Well I can't remember what year it was. I think it was 2002...pretty sure it was 2002. They were 8 and College Girl was 12.

And yet again, my hair is a source of humor for my little lovelies. I couldn't recreate that look if I tried. And hopefully, neither can College Girl. Yeek...I forgot she had such issues with her teeth....

Aren't you amazed when you look at all the pics I put up that Big Guy always looks the same? Geez. I could hate him if he didn't do dishes every night.



Time flies....we have 10 days before confirmation for Frick and Frack. And I thought that finding dress pants for an 8 year-old-boy, a shirt and a tie was an adventure....not so much. This weekend...dress pants for an almost 15 year-old-boy/man, a shirt and a tie might just top any shopping trip I have ever had to make. Nothing like waiting to the last minute...........Just sayin'.

No comments:


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17