We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tuesday

This weather sucks.

It has been pouring rain on and off for 4 hours. We have been under storm watches/warnings and flash flood warnings for about 3 hours. I even had to run during my 6:30 a.m. walk because it began to thunder....and then rain. The Hays Family rule is that I am not allowed to run in the daylight. It WAS raining but they say that is a poor excuse because there is no way in hell that I am ever going to melt.

This is what is getting done at my house today.....absolutely nothing by my people. And yes, you are right. I am the MOM and I could force them into something constructive. But why make my life any more miserable? I am a summer person (and so are the rest of my people)...I like warm weather and I don't think we have had any yet. In fact, right now I might need to get some sockies on because my tootsies are chilly.

I have made the grown-up decision this is my inside life today..... reading, a little Facebook, a little tv, reading, looking for recipes, reading, menu planning, pulling some really great quotes from some recent reading, reading and studying paint samples. Well, and maybe a little reading. Just sayin'.

No comments:


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17