We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Stuff

Today is Tuesday. It was Saturday and now it is Tuesday. Don't ask me.

We had a pretty quiet weekend. College Girl was home. She has a sinus infection and went to the doctor late Friday afternoon. Long story short, medicine that was prescribed wasn't for her. I really wasn't sure what to do....do I take her up to the emergency room, do we send her back to school without medicine and then blahblahblah. Finally, I just called the emergency room explained the situation to the VERY nice nurse and WOW....Could I meet the pharmacist at the pharmacythatisn'topen to get a new prescription? You bet.

And that My Dears is why I live where I live.

We had some really awesome smoked pork chops on Saturday courtesy of this girl. She spoils me just a bit.
And on Sunday....a fall favorite...tater tot casserole. Does anything say fall more than tater tot casserole?

My husband cleaned the upstairs bathroom. There are no words to describe this feeling.

Last night was book club at my house. Lots of laughter and good times with friends. We read:
If you haven't encountered Celia Rivenbark in a newspaper, you should. She is absolutely hilarious. And makes more than a few valid points...in a sarcastic, roundabout way. I laughed out loud more than a few times as I was reading this book. It's not the kind of book you read straight through. It's the kind you pick up and read for a few minutes and then several days later pick up again. It's great if you only have a few minutes here and there.

We have volleyball again tonight. It is our last home match game whatever. So we will spend the last 4 weeks of the season traveling. Hopefully, everywhere we travel has a McDonalds. OOHOHH...or a Dairy Queen.

Just sayin'.

No comments:


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17