We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Monday, December 28, 2009

Shopping

I hate to shop.  I have never liked to shop.  I have always been an oversized person.  As a child, I was 3 and looked 5.  And when I was 8, I needed a size 5 shoe.  By the time I hit 6th grade, size 10 shoe and by November 1980, I was 5'11 and needed a size 11 shoe.  Oh, and my feet were like skies--thinthinthin.  At that point, so was my butt. 

Therefore, shopping wasn't any fun because it was nearly impossible to find ANYTHING that fit.  

As a youngster, my mom and my grandma made most of my clothes.  They were amazing seamstresses.  And I was picky.  I did not like jeans.  I still do not like jeans.  I think it stems from needing a 36 inch inseam and now that I am quickly approaching being as wide as I am tall...well, you get the picture.

Anyway, I told you all of that to tell you this.....Today I went shopping with my children.  We usually go once over Christmas and today was the day.  And now I am resting. 

Sales clerks were slow and not so friendly....nothing was too crowded....and generally there was a 'it's the Monday after Christmas' feeling about the world. 

LT purchased a 32G iPod touch. 

I bought socks.  And a book.  And lunch.  And $182 worth of crud at that store-that-pisses-me-off-on-a-regular-basis.  Gee.  If only I had bought underwear, my day would be complete.

But the girls.  The girls bought.....

boots. 

No.Really.Boots.

Cowboy boots. 

College Girl actually bought 2 pair....



Of course, they are just alike but one pair is brown and one pair is black.  I am extremely jealous.  Since she is unable to make decisions, this didn't take a few moments.  It took FOREVER, but was worth it to see her parade around in them once we finally got home. 

Frack bought these.....



Oh.My.Golly.Sakes.Alive. 

If these aren't the coolest boots I have ever seen in my lifetime.....I am sooooo jealous.

And yes.  She wore them with her sweatpants.  Only she can pull that look off.  Just sayin'. 

No comments:


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17