We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Monday, June 6, 2011

And It's Monday

I am never quite sure how I feel about Monday.  Sunday nights are one of my favorite times of the week.  Lots of people complain about Mondays.  Lots of people think Mondays are bad days.  I often hear things like, "It was a Monday!"  What does that really mean?  It's not Mondays fault. 

So I am thinking that for today.......
Enjoy the day for what it is......just today.
Speaking of enjoying the day.....Frick and Frack turned 17 last month.  We have very much enjoyed the days with these goofballs.  They have brought so much joy into the world and I am very thankful for them.  Even when I am not thankful (like when words are sharp and rooms are filthy dirty), I know that I am a better person for having them in my world. 
 At CCCHS Graduation 2011....they were chosen to be the procession leaders.  I wish I had a picture of them leading the procession, but, alas I do not.  Long story.  For a soapbox blogging day.

 Frack wanted zebra cakes for her birthday cake.  We're talking a buck fifty-nine--and five minutes time--gotta love that girl!


Lime chiffon dessert or Frick.  He's always thinking....nobody else really likes this concoction so he gets it to himself.   Teenage boys are always thinking about how much they can eat. 








Let summer begin...one day at a time.  Just sayin'. 
 

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Zebra cakes-that's a first I think : ) My oldest has a birthday tomorrow-she always asks for angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream. Not too much more difficult than a zebra cake. Happy Birthdays to yours!

Kim said...

Back when I worked in Hutch, Randy used to say I ruined Sunday evening for myself by dreading the start of the work week. Much as I hate to admit it, that was probably true. Appreciating each day for itself is good advice - though sometimes it's easier said than done. Happy Summer to you and yours!

Mary said...

Love that she wanted zebra cakes! I had to take a second look because the design made it look like a star!
Happy Birthday to the kids!


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17