As we approach the end of the second full week of school and the start of the fall sports season, marching band season and Labor Day weekend, I have just a few 'likes'......
1. Nothing fills my heart like the sound of laughter from teenagers. Especially when that laughter is from siblings who really do love each other. Or from the basement when friends are over.
2. Little girls who quietly approach me and let me know they like my skirt of the day as they hug me with all the strength a third grade girl can muster.
3. Emails from moms whose hearts are filled with thanks because third grade boys are excited about the day at school. I actually had tears as I wrote this....again.
4. Friends who are taking care of my big kids on a daily basis. Even Big Bad Seniors need someone to step up and show them they care.
5. Sunday mornings.
6. Future Pharmacists....Future Dental Hygienists.....And my favorite...Future Teacher. Girls I have watched grow into beautiful young women...inside and out. Be who you are today and always.
7. Being at Mass as one of my favorite young men serves Mass with his middle school sister.
8. Finding the joy in today. Just today. Just sayin'.