We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Sunday, May 12, 2013

10 Days and Counting......

So I took a little break from writing.....OK.  That's a big, fat lie.  I took a big break.  I have a gazillion excuses--none of them anything anybody wants or needs to hear.

But then I read THIS......and yep.  I am not promising you'll see what I write everyday, but I do promise to write everyday.

Back in the fall, when all 5 of us had 'stuff' going on.....2 kids starting college, 1 kid student teaching, new jobs for the parents, new routines, new schedules, new relationships, new ways of seeing my children as grown-ups but not really....I had no idea that I would even live through August, let alone be breathing in May.  But here we are in May, and I am still alive.

Breathe in.  Breathe out.  

And just like my mom always says:  It will be fine.
She's smart.  But don't tell her I said that because I don't want her to get a big head.
Just sayin'.





No comments:


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17