We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Summer Read #1

Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman is my first summer read.  I probably wouldn't have picked this one up on my own because it's non-fiction and takes place in prison, but it's my old lady book club selection for June.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

Just sayin'.



4 comments:

Mrs. E said...

Well, the show has been a hit! (Haven't seen it.)

Mary said...

I watched last season over Christmas Break (or maybe it was last summer), and it was EXCELLENT! New season starts on June 6th! I have a friend who read the book & said it was very good.

Hays Family 5 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hays Family 5 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17