We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Confession

I hate winter.

With more snow on the way today and subzero temps to follow, winter is rearing its very ugly head.

I hate coats.  I hate cold. I hate snow.  I hate the world getting dark by 5:30.  I hate mittens, scarves, hats and boots.

I don't even really like sweaters except for the fact that my muffin top is hidden underneath.  I don't like wearing shoes and socks.

I hate winter.

So the countdown is on......Sunday, March 9 we 'spring' forward.  Thursday, March 20 is the first day of spring and Easter is April 20.

I think I can make it.  I think I can.  I think I can......just sayin'.


2 comments:

Mrs. E said...

Someone posted 70 days until spring break. :)

Unknown said...

I hate all of the above as well....scary.


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17