We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Denial

Today I am in denial. Who am I kidding?  It's not just today.  I spend most of my life in denial. Don't judge me.

Today I must return to school.  Christmas break has ended.  Go in Peace Christmas break.  It was a wonderful time filled with reading, Netflix, family and relaxation.  And food.  Two of my teacher friends texted me last night with concerns about having to wear real pants on Monday.  I share that concern.

It did snow yesterday so there were high hopes of a teacher workday snow day--but the district sent a message out last night that we would be having teacher workday and to get there when we could safely.  I live 4 blocks from school.  Pretty sure it will take me until noon to dig out.......just sayin'.

All kidding aside, I am very thankful that our district gives us workdays.  Tomorrow is an inservice day and kids come on Monday.

Monday will be here lickety-split.  Just sayin'.





1 comment:

Mrs. E said...

I'm so grateful for two more days of bumming. No work days for us--which would be nice, but I'm grateful for this down time.


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17