We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Friday, January 3, 2014

Friday Favorites

I have just a few favorites going in my life right now.  Nothing major.  Nothing life altering.  Just few things I find joy in each day.

**Poached eggs and grapefruit.  My family thinks poached eggs are the grossest food ever created. Poached eggs are a throwback to my childhood.  My mom would make them on cold winter mornings paired with toast and a half of a grapefruit.  It's still one of my favorite winter breakfasts.



**Dixon Ticonderoga number 2 yellow pencils.  If you haven't used one of these bad boys--you are missing out on a great writing utensil.  My Freshman know these are my pencils and they covet them as well.  Miss Hays just bought a box of 96 for her classroom.  Of course, if you aren't a pencil and pen addict, it might not matter to you.  Just sayin'.


**Bic Cristal Bold pens.  Man alive. These babies write SMOOOOOOOOOTH.  They write bold and thick.  For someone like me who presses too hard when I write, these pens handle the pressure nicely. I picked up a package in CC and Miss Hays picked me up 2 more packages in The Hat so I am pretty much hooked up for a while.



**George Winston Radio on Pandora.  Oh My.  I could listen to piano music all day.

Nerd status revealed.  Just sayin'.

3 comments:

Joyce said...

I love poached eggs and brand new pencils too : ) Happy 2014!

Mrs. E said...

OK. Now, I'm going to be searching for those Bic's. (Especially, since my last box of red pens I opened at school is the kind that I hate to write with.) I'm a bit of a freak about what writing utensils I use, too. We truly are kindred spirits!

Kim said...

Poached eggs remind me of breakfast at our Grandma's house ... not saying you're old or anything. :-)


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17