We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Monday, March 15, 2010

The Music of My Life

Yesterday we moved all the furniture out of the living room and Murphy's Oil Soaped the floors.  And then moved everything out of the dining room and did the same.  It is an amazing difference.  We also cleaned the walls, dusted and vacuumed the furniture.  Just those few things made my house (and me) feel better. 

I have an amazing list that I would like to complete this week.  Do I think it will all get done?  I can try--if not, then it will all have to wait until summer. 

Today's list:
--eat pancakes, drink coffee, and read newspapers. 
--bank.
--pay bills.
--sew.
--laundry!!!!
--finish cleaning dining room. 
--clean upstairs bathroom.
--dinner?  You can bet they will want some.....how about roast with potatoes and carrots in the crock pot?
--book club at 7 PM.
--pick up recycling bags.
--call Grandma Cindy.
--call Granny.
--fill out paperwork for church that 'allows' me to work with youth.  This is a real soapbox issue for me.....enough said.
--NAP.


Will all of this stuff get done?  Check back tomorrow to see what carries over!
__________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile, I believe that my ipod will be playing this while I work:




That's a lie.  I won't be listening to that while I work.  More than likely it will be this......



That's probably a lie, also.  I will probably be listening to teenagers whine.  Maybe if I turn up the volume on my ipod.....just sayin'. 

2 comments:

Mrs. E said...

Yea for you on the cleaning! I think that is Wednesday's and Friday's job for me! I admire your energy!

kbrenz said...

How much to hire the Hays cleaning crew? My house is big enough that the teenagers could be sent elsewhere and we wouldn't be able to hear them complaining.


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17