1. How old is the oldest pair of shoes in your closet?
6 years old. A pair of Doc Martens that College Girl got for Christmas when she was a high school freshman. She wore them for a short time and didn't like them.
2. Did you buy Girl Scout cookies this year? If so, what variety?
2 boxes of thin mints.
3. Do you know how to ballroom dance? If not, would you like to?
No. And heck no.
4. Were you a responsible child/teenager?
Yes, I am sure I was very responsible. Just don't ask my mom what she thinks.
5. How many of this year's Oscar-nominated movies did you see?
6. If you're going to have a medical procedure done, such as having blood drawn, is it easier for you to watch someone else having the procedure done or have it done yourself?
I find it terribly difficult to watch anything being done to my children. I always take their dad or even will send him with them while I clean the toilet with my toothbrush. And I am a terrible nurse.
7. What is your favorite day of the week and why?
Sunday mornings. Coffee, newspapers and Coach making breakfast. The quiet of the world. Church and Sunday dinner. Sunday afternoon naps. Sunday evening popcorn, cheese, apples and The Amazing Race. Bedtime on Sunday nights with clean sheets. So I guess I am going with Sunday on this one.
8. Do you miss anyone right now?
9. Do hospitals make you queasy?
Nope. But funeral homes do. And the smell of school lunch.
10. At which store would you like to max-out your credit card? (Not that you ever would, you responsible person, you.)
Eddie Bauer. Wait, maybe LL Bean. Or maybe The Clay Gourmet. Can I have 3 cards?
11. Are you true to the brand names of products/items?
It depends. Due to skin affliction gene pool issues, we can only use Era laundry soap, Dove body soap and a certain kind of lotion. I so love it when kids in my class have moms who use Downey fabric softener--it smells heavenly--but alas, results in a rash of epic proportions for members of the Hays Crew. I am very jealous of people who can use any brand of any product. Any changes that I would make result in skin afflictions and trips to Doc Murphy and the pharmacy.
Brand name food? I do have certain things that I will only buy brand name on. Hidden Valley Ranch is the only one for me. And you won't catch me with off brand Velveeta or sausage.
12. Which is more difficult: looking into someone’s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someone’s eyes when he/she is telling you how he/she feels?