We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Coming Home

That's right.

Today is the day.

College Girl is coming HOME for the summer.

She did it. We made it. College--Year One...complete and in the books. Police didn't call. Just sayin.' We didn't have to go and get her. It's all good.

In August, when we dropped her off....And I couldn't see straight for days. And our house was quietquietquiet. And I kept scolding myself for being such a worrywart. And the twins went to high school. And third grade started out pretty rocky. And football didn't go ohsohot. And my favorite doctor banned me from diet pepsi. Which I haven't had since September 19. And I could go on for days...but here's the deal....

We got to take a child to college. Not everybody gets to do that. Like my friends Paul and Paula--I'd give anything for their very special son Eli to get to go to college. Or my friend Marla--she'd give anything to take her son to college instead of visiting him at the cemetery. Or my friends Sean and Sara.

So I was lucky.... And she was happy. And she was having a great time. And now she's coming home. And we missed this goofball. And there a bunch of little people in the county who are thrilled to see her. Starting with this guy at 8:30 on Friday.

And you know what....I am pretty darn blessed.
And you know what....I am pretty darn blessed.
And you know what....I am pretty darn blessed.


Even with a mess like this.....(it's her bedroom--it always looks like this. It's why God made doors.)

And no diet pepsi since September 19.

2 comments:

Julie Hamel said...

Thanks for putting it into perspective for me as I'm struggling with my feelings on leaving Logan in Colorado for the summer! Thanks and Blessings to you!!

vickisherbert said...

Doors are great. 19 year olds home for the summer are even better.


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17