We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Way Back Wednesday

With graduations looming on the horizon...I thought I would share a couple of pictures from my graduation 24 years ago. 1985...the best year ever.....for me, but probably not for my mom.

Graduation seems a lot harder on the moms than the kids. Last year at this time was tough. Lots of lasts....and lots of firsts....and 24 years ago I wasn't really thinking about that kind of stuff. Whoosh. And here we are....

HHS graduation in 1985 was held on a Tuesday evening at 7, I think. Could have been 7:30. I didn't listen to the speaker. Any of them. Can't even tell you who the valedictorian was. I can tell you that the Sports Arena was hotter than hell and that 465ish kids graduated that night. And I sat next to Ron Dunlap. I can also tell you that I graduated--nothing else matters. We had cake and ice cream at the house afterward. My people were proud of me. They like me best.


And my hair looked good.

No comments:


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17