We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Missing In Action.....

Sorry. But I have been missing in action....and I know. I know. I usually tell you before I am going to be gone for awhile. I had no idea I was going to be gone.

Of course, there was no emergency. NONE.

School started.

It does every year at this time. Duh. And as my brother and my brother in law pointed out.....WWWAAAHHHHH. They both can stick it in their ears.

I am tired. Dead tired.

And I couldn't think of anything to post that wasn't whineysissybabystuff. So rather than say something not nice, I simply didn't say anything at all.

My class is wonderful.

I have walked with my good friend, WB, each morning at 5:30. We have made it 3 weeks and are starting our 4th week. One day it began or really, probably continued to lightening so we were cut short and another it was flat out raining--so I was forced to stay in bed. Not really, I did laundry. I haven't been able to do FamFit on a regular basis but I hope to get back to it this week. Coach has had to work out by himself.

We have had dinner at the table almost every night--and that has been great. We have been able to eat outside most nights. The flies are thick and driving me crazy--but that is not unusual. I believe there is a purpose for everything, but I cannot see the purpose of flies.

Frick and Coach have handled dinner most nights. That has been fun....You can see(in the sidebar) that we just came up with a list of things we can fix with what we have at home and somebody just picks and starts cooking. It's working so far.

College Girl is doing fine. She had a minor meltdown over a $227 math book. And the fact that her wireless internet isn't exactly wireless...but that is another post.

Frick and Frack are doing wonderfully. School is good. Old dress code rule is now being enforced--THANK YOU GOD-so that has been a topic of conversation for us. Frack has no legal school shorts. Oh well, it's too cold in the building for shorts and she has worn jeans. It's too bad the rule isn't for everyone--again, that's a whole other post. (and it might fall under the category of whineysissybabystuff!!)

Have I mentioned my class is wonderful?

And Coach? Well. He's OK. Kind of rough for football to start without him, but he's OK. This too shall pass.

And since Coach had some time last weekend, he put up this......
My fence! I have wanted this fence for the edge of our patio space for the entire time we have lived in this wonderful house....and this summer I was able to purchase the 2 panels. It has always been a great outdoor living space and now it is a great private outdoor living space. Several people have commented about the addition of the fence and how they can't see us! Exactly.

And since Coach had some time this weekend, he began to clean out his garage/gym space. It is a project that will take longer than a weekend to finish....but I am guessing he will get it done.

I always think I have to have pictures when I post....so this week I am going to try posting without pictures. Just post some daily updates and my regular Wednesday and Friday stuff.

Have I mentioned my class is wonderful? Just sayin'.

1 comment:

Julie Hamel said...

Glad to have you back...I have been missing you! I need a blog fix from you on a regular basis. Just sayin'. teeheehee ;-)

OK, I noticed your great looking fence as I was walking by!! Nice job, coach! I also noticed your "new" front porch furniture wasn't there...but after looking at the photo, I see it went to your patio.

BTW, I'm glad your class is wonderful.


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17