We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Way Back Wednesday

This photo is 40 years old. My grandparents had been married 25 years...which now would be 65 years....

My mom had super cool hair...for 1969. And Gram had rockin' glasses....for 1969. Nice moustache, Uncle Tom. And Uncle Butchy, well, I got nothing. I don't remember my grandparents ever looking like this. Oh my mom still looks like this...my uncles, not so much.

Do we still have family pictures taken for events like this?

We should.

Pictures are what spark memories....sometimes good and sometimes not so good. Can I tell you that this picture of my grandparents sparks great memories?

Probably not. Maybe so. This wasn't the easiest 25 years my grandmother ever spent...but she stuck in it and we were able to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary in 1994. But not their 51st.....

Take time today to spark a memory. Just sayin'.

No comments:


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17