We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday

So it's Monday.  The moon was gorgeous again this morning on my walk.  The wind, not so much.  Just a little sharp from the north.  But the company was good and I feel like I can make it through what is shaping up to be a very busy Monday.

Yesterday we spent about an hour taking some family pictures.  My son has an absolutely rockin' camera, so we hoisted it upon a tripod and set off for some shots around town.  It went like it always goes..only this time there wasn't any yellingcussingscreaming from anyone.  Not even me.

This is my favorite shot of the day:



You can only imagine the gagging and eye rolling that this suggestion received.  Dang kids.  And some comments that cannot be printed since the Grandmothers read on a regular basis.  Dang kids.

Here is another of my favorites...I took this one:



It's a leaf angel....the entire yard was raked free of leaves on Saturday.  Sunday about noon?  Covered in leaves...probably twice as many as were raked on Saturday.

I also loved this shot:



This boy loves photography and I love watching him enjoy life.  He didn't think his subjects were so enjoyable...they were onery stinkpots.  Darn mom and dad.

And the shoot wouldn't be complete without at least one of these shots:




Oh College Girl.  At least her eyes are open in this shot....

Have a spectacularly wonderful Monday.  Just sayin'.

No comments:


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17