We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Monday, November 23, 2009

Random Dozen


This looks kind of neat...so here we go....

1. If you could master one sport, what would it be?
Yeah.  Right.  Walking upright is a real challenge for me.  But wouldn't it be cool to learn to surf?

2. When you make a major purchase, do you go with your gut instinct, or do you do research to make an informed decision?
Research, baby, research. 

3. There is an old kids' game that says you can find out what your movie star name would be by using your middle name as your first name and the name of the street you grew up on as your last. What is your movie star name?
Renae Tenth.  Icky.  Can you say adult movie queen?  

4. Would you rather give up your favorite music or your favorite food?
Mmmm...hard one.  I lovelovelove food and I lovelovelove music.  I guess I choose music because I can sing in my head but I can't eat in my head.  Warm starch with melted dairy, anyone?

5. There are two types of banana preferences. One is pristine yellow, almost to the point of being green; the other is spotty and more ripe. Which is your preference?
Green.

6. Your favorite tree is?
A Christmas tree.  I love Christmas.

7. On a scale of 1-10, how tech savvy are you?
7.9ish.  I am pretty good.  

8. Has H1N1 touched your family?
Yep. 

9. Are you an analytical person, or do you just accept things the way they are without questioning or scrutinizing?
Questions?  My favorite game.  What if?  How come?  Why?  It has earned me the label of troublemaker.  Someone has to do it.  If you don't ever ask questions, how do you learn anything?

10. Is your personality more like that of a dog, cat, or Koala?
I like to think of myself as a koala.  I think that kids I have taught would tell you that I am not nearly as tough as I seem on the outside.  A kindergarten hand in mine melts my heart.  A smile from a middle school girl makes me feel bubbly.  A high five from a high school boy makes me smile deep.  But I think that many adults would say that I am a cat. 

11. Do you keep in touch with friends you made years ago?
Mmmm....not so much.  But I know where they are if I need them and they know where I am if they need me.  

12. You are checking out at a grocery store. In the express lane, there are more people than the regular lanes, but of course, their load is less than those in the regular lanes. Which lane do you choose (assuming you qualify for the express lane) and why?
I choose the regular line.  I learn a lot about life waiting in line.  Just sayin'.



If you'd like to see other answers to these questions, visit Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee.

No comments:


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17