We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My Current Read

I finished One Summer by David Baldacci.  Fairly good read.  A little predictable, very well written and a overall I good read.  I passed it on to a friend so we will find out what she thinks.  I have to say that it was a very fast read.  I finished in one day.  And I still managed to get my chores done.

I have moved on to this book:

I am the first to check it out at the library.  I like it when that happens!  Nothing like being the first to read a book.....

Anyway, the title pretty fits how the book is going.  It's a little too real.  And it's a little dark and scary.  African Muslim pirates hijack a private yacht owned by the main character, Hazel Bannock, whose teenage daughter was aboard the yacht at the time.  They kill off crew members, but of course, kidnap the daughter.  She enlists in the help of a man named Hector Cross (cool name--Hector) to help her when she gets nowhere with the American government. 

So far, I like it.  I was a little nervous because about 45ish pages in there was already 'steamy' scenes, but that seems to have subsided.  Thank goodness.  I get enough of those steamy scenes in real life, I don't need to read them. 

When a good friend was talking to me about One Summer, I was telling her about Those in Peril being my next read.  I told her how I thought this was going to be a little deeper read and she said I should stop reading because the title sounded like it was going to be way too deep and scary.  I should opt for something lighter and much more fun. 

I won't finish this book in a few days.  With 400 pages, school starting, 2 a day volleyball practices, volleyball breakfasts, house painting (yep, it's actually happening!), marching band and trying to figure out what to wear, not much reading is happening. 

Just sayin'. 

No comments:


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17