We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Monday, August 8, 2011

Random Thoughts

Random thought......

.....Why do we keep watching reality trash tv when we know it's wrong?  And stupid?  And a giant waste of time?  I sat today and watched 15 minutes of this crazy MTV show called, "Silent Library".  My oldest child is currently addicted to watching "Hillbilly Handfishing".  And her sister discovered that Netflix had all the seasons of "Jersey Shore" and watched them ALL.  We won't even go with how much time my son spent watching "Shark Week" last week.

And no.  Friday Night Lights all 5 seasons on Netflix do not count as trash tv.  That's good stuff, right there.  Just sayin'.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I concur ... unless we're talking about Cupcake Wars or Chopped ... or House Hunters ... or ... OK, I admit it. I'm hooked too. My son would agree with you about Friday Night Lights. There wasn't a summer course available in July for his master's program. So he watched the whole series from Netflix and he recommended it to me, too. Maybe I need a subscription to Netflix - or not.


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17