We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

10 Things I Know For Sure

1.  I am 43 years old today.  I don't feel 43.  My outsides look 63 but my insides feel 22.  Good thing that Coach married me for my insides.

2.  In 1967, the average cost of a house was $14,250.

3.  My mom sent me a little something for my birthday: she likes me best (really it's only the large canister because I already have the other two!!) Thanks, Mom.  You rock the Mom World.
 

4.  I am the oldest child in my family.  I am also the oldest grandchild.  And you can tell.  

5.  Gas was $.33 a gallon the day I was born.  Really.

6.  I weighed 8 pounds 15 ounces at birth.  I was also breech.  When my mom tells the story, I feel like a heel.  It had to hurt.  Seriously.  Oh, and I was approximately 3 weeks overdue.  They did that in the 60's. 

7.  Other famous people born on this day:



8.  There are 6 people that live in our community who have birthdays today.  Happy Birthday to  Kelly, Rich, Braden, Amanda, Jenna and Me!  What a great day to be born!!

9.  This is the first year in awhile that I do not get to sit in a gym on my birthday.

10.  I love my birthday...just sayin'.

3 comments:

Mrs. E said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! Enjoy!! (And so glad you don't have b-ball to attend!)

Kate said...

Happy Birthday Kelli! Hope it's a great one. Or at least a relaxing enjoyable one :)

Sara said...

Happy Birthday Kelli!!!!!!!


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17