As has been my usual custom of late....these questions come from Lid at 2nd cup of coffee....feel free to join in! (The first 6 come from Kelley at I Didn’t Know That! Thanks so much, Kelley! And can you please help us out with #4???)
1. Do you use the labels various charities send you as “free gifts?”
Um. Duh. Yeah. But I don't send money. Sorry. I didn't ask for your 'free gift'.
2. What is your favorite time of day (or night) for skywatching?
Taking a walk at dusk as the sun is setting is a pretty good feeling.
3. What is the most adventurous you've ever been with trying a new food? (Keep it G-rated please)
Adventurous with food? Um, no. I eat food.
4. Have you ever heard a rock sing? (Trust me, there's a reason for this one!)
What are you smokin', dope? A rock sing. Nope.
5. If you could learn a language you don't presently speak, what would it be?
The Queens English. Arthur, King of the Britts.
6. Al Capone's tombstone read, “My Jesus, Mercy.” If you could write your own epitaph, what would it say?
7. If you were a famous musician who was known by one name, like “Cher,” “Sting,” or “Jewel,” what would it be? It doesn’t have to be your first name, but it can be, if you’d like
Saucy. Coach gave me that one. I hope it doesn't mean what I think he might think it means. It's not the fourth Saturday so I might be safe.....
8. Have you ever been inordinately “into” a television show?
Why, yes. Yes, I have. I still pine for Knott's Landing. Did it get any better than the cul-de-sac with Valene and Gary Ewing? Sid Fairgate? Greg Sumner? Karen Fairgate and the evil temptress, Abby?
9. When you sneeze, do you go big, or do you do that weird “heenh!” sound that makes people think you’re going to blow your brains out? Any other variation we should know about?
I attempt to be rather quiet. But do you ever worry that when you sneeze that you might accidentally squeeze on off? I am thankful for padded pews at church.
10. Do you still read an actual newspaper that you hold in your hands, or do you get your news elsewhere?
I get three daily newspapers. 2 morning and 1 evening.
11. Are you a good speller?
I do try to be a good speller. Sometimes I fail.
12. At what time each day do you start thinking about
I must confess that I think that the show Lost is kind of different. Different in a Twin Peaks sort of way. So I only think of it when I want to make fun of it. Sorry in advance if have offended any readers. But to answer the real question....I pack a lunch cooler each day so I think about lunch in the morning when I pack the cooler. And because I teach kids, I often smell lunch for a long time before I ever get to go to lunch. Some days the smell isn't so great. Just sayin'.