We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Random Dozen



1. If you could compete in one Olympic event (not necessarily winter sports) what would it be?
Swimming.  I do love that sport and I can actually participate because it doesn't involve running.  
2. Do remember a specific Olympic moment from the past?
Actually, I do.  Nadia Comaneci in 1976.  I very much wanted to be a gymnast as I am sure every little girl did at that point.  She was just amazingly spectacular to watch.  It was mesmerizing.
 And yes.  You must be a woman of a certain age to understand.  For the rest of you, google it.
 
3. Have you ever known anyone who competed in the Olympics?
Nope.
 
4. If everyday activities were Olympic-worthy, which activity would you have a gold medal in?
Bossiness.  Ask my brother.  
 
5. Do you know anything about your ethnic heritage?
Nope.  I have people and that is all I know.  They spoiled me rotten and loved me to death, so who really cares?
 
6. Do you enjoy sleeping late?
Um.  Well.  Yes.  But it's not so much sleeping late as much as not getting around.  I love to sit, drink coffee and read the newspaper.  I can wear my pajamas for a long time.  My friends have seen me in my robe on several occasions. 
 
7. Have you ever performed CPR on anyone? Do you know how?
Nope and yep.  I hope I never have to use it.
 
8. Name one country you'd like to visit and explain why.
Greece.  I think it seems like a very romantic place.
 
9. Have you ever fixed up a couple romantically?
I keep pointing out cute boys to College Girl.  Does that count?  Of course, if her face freezes like that, then she won't ever get a husband.  


 
10. What is the last book you read?
The Help and I highly recommend it.
 
11. Do you enjoy sleeping late? NO, YOU write the question! How's that for random??  Ok, Lid. You asked for it.  Here's my question......How do you feel about underwear?
I hate underwear.  They're just stupid. 
 
12. What is your favorite meal at your favorite restaurant?
Cheeseburger and fries.  Just sayin'.   

8 comments:

Mrs. E said...

Hmmmm...so now you have me wondering if you wear underwear. ?? "The Help" is on my book radar. Everyone has really liked it!

SouthLakesMom said...

Lovely photo of daughter -- I'm sure she'll want that one at the wedding that may or may not occur! Ha ha...

I was with you on Nadia...she had the most winsome smile and Romania was such a dark place then...

Joyce said...

I loved your answers...#9-I've tried with my girls too : )

I didn't need to google Nadia. Sigh.

Angie said...

Nadia! Loved her; I was only 9, but I wanted to be her very badly. :)

So glad to hear someone else wears their jammies for a long time. I think all my neighbors have seen my robe. It's a gift.

# 11 - leaves me speechless. :)

Susanne said...

I love a good restaurant cheeseburger!

I've got the Help on hold at the library. Hopefully I can get to it when it comes. I'm a tad overcommitted on book reviews.

Jessie at Blog Schmog said...

OH man, I love fries! :) I'm kinda bossy too, I bet my brother would have picked that for me!

Love the face. :) Ack!

Robin Crimmin said...

Got Scissors ? lol

Mocha with Linda said...

I don't need to Google Nadia! Sigh.

#11 - you and Meredith Viera. I personally can't imagine not having it!


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17