We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Monday, February 1, 2010

The Music of My Life

Today is February 1.  That means it's 9 days until my birthday.  I love my birthday.  And my mom loves the day, too.  She always made my birthday the greatest day.  She made my favorite meal and we had cake and ice cream in the evening with our grandparents. 

Can you tell that the next 9 days will all about me?

Here you go, Mom.  Thanks for everything--you're the greatest.....

2 comments:

Robin Crimmin said...

Thank you too Grandma Cindy .. You did GOOD !!! ;)

Mrs. E said...

Love Michael Buble! Birthdays are a big deal at my house, too--because of my mom. I carry on the tradition.

I have a blog birthday assignment for you. You create a list of things you want to do before your next birthday. (Ex. 21 things to do before I'm 22 OR... 41 things to do before I turn 42.) It gets tought when you're my age.

I threw this one together in about an hour and a half last year. This year--I'm starting early! It is a fun activity if you're a "list" person like me. Here is the link to last year's for me. http://erickfam.blogspot.com/2009/03/taking-peek-at-52.html


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17