We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Firsts

Yesterday was the first day it hit 80 degrees.  Thankyouthankyouthankyou Mother Nature for that little gift. 

Yesterday was the first day I read my book outside.

Yesterday was the first outside meal of the season.


Yesterday was the first bike ride after dinner of the season.  And it felt good.  I love to my ride bike, but I must send out this reminder.  I am hoping to ride my bike to school this spring, much like I did in the fall.  We'll see how it goes because I have been having trouble getting around in the morning.  My good friend, WB, and I have started walking at 5:30 AM, so that may help out. 
Or not.  Just sayin'.

4 comments:

Mrs. E said...

I'm hoping to get my bike out this weekend! (That rain better stay away!)

Mary said...

The first outside dinner is so refreshing! Here's to hoping it stays warm, but I think we'll have one more cold snap before winter of '10 says "Goodbye"!

Ann said...

You guys have the BEST spot to eat outside!!! And I LOVE your header picture, though it makes me feel super old as twin daughter looks really grown-up and super cute in that picture!!!

Hays Family 5 said...

Thanks, Ann! We love our spot outside. I am very excited to get flowers planted, ferns out and the vegetable garden planted.

You should have seen girl twins' shoes.....:) And for the record--you are old.

Love ya.


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17