We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Friends

We have friends.  Most of them are under the age of 5 and think that we are all that and a bag of chips.  Tonight 2 of them came to hang out.  They lovelovelove Coach.  But then, who doesn't?

For supper I fixed bacon, pancakes (their favorite) and fresh strawberries.  Oh, and I might also mention that I had some whip cream left over from Easter so I thought they would like that with the berries.

You know, like a dip.  I like whip cream like a dip, don't you? 

Oh my goodness.  The youngest girl thought she had been given the greatest gift in the world. She would have eaten the whole tub, and certain members of my family would have let her because.....well, she's not my child and she is going home with HER MOTHER.  We operate under 'grandma rules' at our house.  Maybe that's why we have so many friends who are 5 and under....




As you can see on the video, she had eaten all of her whip cream and was starting on her sisters, who was helping her by holding the knife that she had been using to eat whip cream.

It simply doesn't get much better than 2 and 4 year old sisters laughing and smiling over whip cream.  I love it how she is daintily eating with one finger. 

I wish I had video from later when Coach went to the bathroom to brush his teeth.  He shut the door.  The 2 year old goes to the door and knocks, and says, "Mike?"  He replies, "Who is it?"  And we hear her say, "It's me!"

We had lots of fun....but it was just fine for them to head home with their 30-year-old mom.  And now, I believe that this 43-year-old mom will go lay down. 

Life's all good.  Just sayin'.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Such a sweet video! The best thing about borrowing other people's kids is that you can send them back! :D

Mrs. E said...

Those two are just adorable!! Sounds like a fun, lively time at your house!

The 5 C's said...

That was our exact supper too. Only my kids couldn't have the whip cream unless they had strawberries with it. The didn't have either!

Kim said...

Awww...what a way to start the morning! It appears you could have skipped the pancakes and just served whipped cream.


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17