We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Friday, July 10, 2009

FamFit....Again

You already know that Mr. Wonderful has been "working" with his people....us....all summer on different workouts.

He calls it FamFit.

I call it hell.

So yesterday he planned this workout.

College Girl had some issues. I didn't even try it with the bag of weights--I went right to the med ball. And I still thought I was going to die. I just regained use of my arms (like carrying my purse...um,really....lifting it....was nearly impossible) from Monday's workout.

Frack rocked it, of course. She worked until she could do it and she asked questions to get it right. And that makes CG mad. And she was really worried about being a sissy.



Those bags had 20 pounds of weight in them. He thought CG's only had ten, but he was wrong. Never mind he put the weight in--it had 20. I checked.

And he was sheepish.

THAT never happens.

2 comments:

Jolie said...

Its gotta be the shape of the bags - one bag is long and flat and the other is kinda akward. in her defense :) AND - I can't wait to try that chicken - thanks for posting!!

Mike Hays said...

Jolie, you hit the nail on the head! That is what the sandbag workouts are all about. Moving weird, irregular weights around forces the body to recruit and use new muscle groups for stability. When this occurs, it gives you a very unique and very effective workout. Makes 20 lbs. feel like 5X that amount.


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17