We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Packing Update

Comment from Mr. Wonderful (a.k.a Commissioner of Vacations):

Rule Interpretation #1
I. The Family Suitcase(-CASE, not CASES)is for books, toiletries, etc.

II. Individuals
A. Grocery bag is for clothes, shoes, towels, etc.
B. Book bag is for electronics, writing materials, etc.
C. The dog gets to take whatever she wants...

Commissioner of Vacations
7-13-09

Oh isn't he a funny guy......


And my children have offered to pack my book stack in their bags to ensure that I will be taking clothes. That whole "clothes are overrated" statement sent them over the edge begging me to wear clothes at all times.

In the mist of trying to get us ready to be on vacation (which is more than just putting a little gas in the car), I am hosting an all ladies function at my house tomorrow night. I was supposed to host in June but had to trade because I was out of town at Prayer and Action. I have to have a clean house and food. And a hostess gift.

Oh and we are missing out on a wedding Friday night so I have to get a gift and deliver it to the groom's home.

I currently have a half clean house. And no menu for the function. And half finished kitchen curtains.

Are you sensing a theme here?

And we are leaving for vacation on Thursday. Ready or not. Clean clothes have suddenly become overrated.

Just sayin'.

No comments:


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17