We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Bookies

Well I went.

But I didn't read the whole book.

Sorry to disappoint my loyal fans. I just couldn't get into the book. It was waywayway over my head. I am talkin' like it was on Jupiter and I was stupider.


Edgar and I are not friends. I think that he will go back into the book stack and I will work on him in the summer. Or he might get left in the lounge for some other poor sucker to try to read.

3 of the bookies really liked it. It was very inspiring to listen to them discuss. There was passion in their words. I felt almost moved to finish reading. Almost. 1 bookie was OK with it. She said it was just a book to her--but I think she felt the passion. One bookie didn't even crack it open.

In my defense, I tried to read him in the spring. Nope. Not feeling it. And I tried again in the summer. I took 2 running starts at him this month. I got about 1/4 of the way done. It's just a lot.

In my 2nd defense, we have been home like twice in 2 weeks. I have had something of some sort or another every night but 2 in 2 weeks. So see, I couldn't read.

And I got a new phone. That takes a lot of time to learn to use. Just sayin'.

No comments:


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17