We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

And Yes, Still MORE Hays Family

This is our niece, Elsbeth Renee...a.k.a. Ellie. She holds a very special place in my heart for many reasons. Her Uncle and I had our first date on December 10, 1986. 2 years later, Ellie was born on a sunny day in January. I wasn't married to my Hays Man, yet....but I got to go along when this third niece was born. I even got to hold her in the hospital and from that day forward.....I was a true part of the Hays family.

Ellie was the absolute cutest thing you have ever seen! She had a constant smile on her little round face and she loved life from day one. She was bald, tan and said the most hilarious things. Ellie had a baby named Old River. She once asked, "Great Grandma, how old are you?" Great Grandma responded, "Oh, Ellie, a lady never tells her age." "Oh," Ellie declares, "I'm 3!" She was a very bright spot in our lives and we have enjoyed watching her bloom into an awesome adult. And she knows just how to annoy her older sister (most of us do)...always a good thing!



I told you all of that to tell you this......Ellie recently became engaged! At Christmas, Father Ed had a special blessing for the engaged couple. That little round face has grown up and will soon be married! Oh, how did I get so old!! This Young Man seems very perfect for our niece. His job is extremely important....he must take excellent care of our very special niece or the Hays Men (and one mean Granny) I know will take him out...their mean like that!


Here is Ellie's bling....it is so Ellie! This young man did a perfect job picking it out! You're getting a good one, Young Man!

No comments:


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17