We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Few of My Favorites


These girls with Santa are adults now...this picture is about 15 years old, taken when they were freshman in high school. Nice hair girls! These girls were always on my case about something....the size of my stomach when I was pregnant with twins (they referred to me as "tugboat"), my hair and my infamous Twister comment(Wesson oil,girls?). They were in 7th grade the first year I taught school and they broke me in right. I loved being their teacher...and now their friend. You do my heart good, ladies and I am very proud of the grown-ups you have become...and look forward to your children growing up....paybacks are hell!!

1 comment:

Geiger Family said...

These girls were in my brother's class in HS. My brother went to prom with Ann. I was in your 7th grade class when the twins were 1 1/2 or 2. My maiden name was Katie Rundquist. I really enjoy seeing how grown up your family is getting!


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17