We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Grandma Cindy

This is my mom....aka "Grandma Cindy". She is an amazing woman....She raised my brother and I as a single parent. That is a tough job....especially since I was soooo very well behaved and my brother was....well, let's just say he was well behaved when he was asleep. We always knew that she was on our side and would take anybody out who messed with us. She still will...........if she has to. Don't mess with her, she goes to the gym everyday for an hour!

And yes, I look a little like her....OK a lot. When my Grandma Hillbilly was alive, she often called me by my mothers' name. I'd just answer and go along. In August, I decided that I needed to get rid of the "a@$ end of a chicken" hair do that I had been sporting for awhile--so I began working on a grown up hair do. Last time I went for a little trim, I came home thinking that I looked pretty good, and my youngest child said, "Nice hair, GRANDMA CINDY!" She cracked herself up, but she was right, the way the hairdresser had fixed my hair made me look exactly like my mother. Not a bad deal when your mom looks as good as mine!

Anyway, the purpose of this post is to share some Grandma Cindy wisdom....words to live by.....we like to call it..........
"Grandma Cindy Says"
1. What comes around goes around....and what do you know--she was right!
2. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. This one is still pretty tough for me--my edit button is usually broken, dang it.
3. It will all be fine. She has used this on me soooooo many times.... and what do you know--she was right!
4. Paybacks are hell. She warned of this repeatedly....
5. Be careful what you wish for....you might just get it. Oh.
6. Don't do anything you don't want to have to explain to your grandmother. I still live by this rule....
7. Kill'em with kindness. Dang it, she was right again.


Thanks, mom, for everything....I love you.

No comments:


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17