We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Critter

Soooooooooooo....as many of you know I AM A CITY GIRL. I have lived in the country, I tried it. I really did. I live in the city.

And as many of you know, we have two cats. One is named Bud and the other is named Willy. Bud is a bad ass. No ifs, ands or buts. He stalks squirrels and eats them from the tail to the head. Every inch, no lie. He kills birds, baby rabbits and anything else that gets in our yard. He once plucked a baby blue jay from its nest and it torked the mother/father blue jay and it began dive bombing me in the yard and I spent 20 minutes trapped in the garage. CITY GIRL. Enough said.

Bud is in charge. Bud is also blind in one eye and is quite hateful. He started out being a house cat, but two years ago he did his business on my Christmas Tree skirt, not once, but twice and he got kicked out of the house. Oh, and the neighbor boys say he bites.

Anyway, I told you all of that to tell you this....Bud won't let Willy sleep in the garage but he will let this critter sleep in the garage. Every night. He won't let Willy eat any of our cat food, but every night around 8ish, this critter shows up and can eat as much as he wants (as well as another stray cat we call tiger kitty).




Tonight, this critter got a little surprise. My husband took our chocolate lab, Sophie out just about 8ish and guess who is having a little cat food before he retires to my garage for the night? Yep, this critter. Sophie chased him down like a predator (College Girl's words) and he flopped over "dead". He laid there quite awhile and every so often he would poke his eyes up to see if Sophie was watching him (again, CGW's) and then flop over "dead". This caused a HUGE amount of excitement amongst my children(city kids--don't let them kid you). And to add to the excitement, in order to get our attention, my husband was ringing our back doorbell which is very, very old school style. It is extremely annoying...and I couldn't figure what was going on!

Does anybody have a possum trap that they aren't using? We could sure use it.............Oh, and guess who was nowhere to be found....yep, Big Bud Bad Ass.

No comments:


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17