We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Great Things


I love grain elevators. Imagine all the time and effort that went into putting this structure here. And then imagine how much it meant to this community to have a grain elevator.

I was raised in an area where grain elevators are plentiful and I took them for granted. Then I moved north.

I must confess that I did not take this picture. My friend took this picture with my camera as I was driving us home from a conference today.

No comments:


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17