We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Third Grade Boys Basketball

Don't you just love seeing little boys run? It is one of my favorite things....it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside....their chubby little legs moving as fast as they can and their little man arms pumping up and down.

A couple of weeks ago my third grade boys played in a tournament and I had the opportunity to see them play. I got lucky because we have 2 third grade boys teams and they played each other....so it was bonus for me.
Do you ever wonder what they are thinking as they are just standing there? Maybe we don't really want to know...............

My other Favorite Lane in his I-am-sooo-cooolll-tall socks. I giggled when I saw him....he's all about the "look". LOVE IT!!!

And guess what? We had a celebrity attend! The boys were all googoogaagaa because he was there. This isn't the first time they have played his people's team but it is the first time he has been to our place. How cool is that!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Who's the celebrity? I don't get out much :)

Hays Family 5 said...

Ron Prince, former KSU Football coach.


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17