We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Way Back Wednesday

Wednesdays are going to be my "Way Back" posts. Starting today. Since it is Wednesday. For 3 more hours....and I am not going to be awake for it to be Thursday morning....early morning....like before the paper comes and the only thing on TV is infomercials. I better not be...its not like I control this not sleeping thing. This woman does....

My grandmother. Grandma Hillbilly to me. Grandma Bel to my children. Oh, how I miss her...she was the greatest grandma a person could ever have and she was mine for 38 years. I was lucky...she liked me best. Most of my family likes me best. Just ask my brother.

Recently, I have been accused of being my grandmothers' child. I take this as a compliment.

She and Grandpa married in September, 1944. This picture was taken a month later. She was 20 and he was 27. Grandpa was in the Navy during WWII. I am not real sure where they are at in this picture. Maybe California. They were married just over 50 years when Grandpa died (he liked me best, too!). 3 kids, 5 grandchildren--and 3 great-grandchildren. Now that's living.

Life wasn't always easy for my grandparents and yet, they stuck it out.

I am proud to be their grandchild.


No comments:


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17