We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Back in the World...Sort of

Yep. I am back.

Sort of. Re-entry after being gone a week is rough at best and I, of course, was WWWWAAAAYYYY over scheduled upon my return.

And I am still paying for it.

We had an absolutely fantastic week...it was indescribable.


Upon my return, I discovered that our local discount store was having a 2-day 25% off special. Therefore, I was forced to march my fat butt out there and purchase this little combo:

I love this style of outdoor furniture. We had green chairs when I was a kid and my great-grandparents had a metal glider rocker that was so fun to hang out on. Oh, these didn't come looking like this.....they came in parts. Yeah. They had to be put together. Let's just say that Mr. Wonderful wasn't so happy with me over this purchase. But tonight when he comes home and the porch looks all great--he'll be so impressed with his stunning wife that the bad memory of putting these together in 100 degree weather will melt away.


Don't you want to hang out and have some lemonade with me? Watch the cars go by? Wish the neighbors would mow their freaking lawn?


I did not solicit this model. She insisted that she be in the picture. I think she missed me last week and wants to be everywhere I am....maybe not.

1 comment:

Carpenter's said...

Wow! We are sort of neighbors and would have never known if it wasn't for your beautiful front porch!!


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17