We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Monday, June 8, 2009

Swim Team 2009

Saturday began our 13th year of being a Tigershark Swim Team member. Who knew when I signed College Girl up in 1996 that we would still be getting up on Saturday mornings 13 years later to haul ourselves to a swim meet? This year it is only Frick. Frack said no thank you to the offer.

This has been a great organization to be a part of--probably because I sat on the board of directors for quite some time--I was the treasurer for about only God knows how long. I can't really remember what year I took over but I can remember that 2008 was my LAST year.

Warm ups before the whole shoulder injury situation....


My Favorite Lane getting ready to race....and My Other Favorite Lane is in the background cheering her on. I am sure that is what he is doing....kind, considerate, helpful words......


My Other Favorite Lane finishing his race....isn't he the cutest thing going??


I think she was going to say something...like "I lost my goggles when I dove in! Help me!"


I got million of this shot....my timing sucks eggs. They just move too fast for my picture taking abilities. At least I can deletedeletedelete unlike the olden days of film camera.


And again...not sure why I have his back of his head...and neither is he. He just walked by me and made a sarcastic comment. Thanks, son. I love you too.

But here is an schweet action shot of his butterfly. How about that mouth!

There is a lot of pool in the shot, though, as my critics have pointed out ever so gently. Not really.

They better watch it...I am the meal ticket in this family. Just sayin'.

No comments:


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17