We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday Night Drink

Nope. Not what you think. Completely legal for everyone in my family to consume....and consume we do.

Cherry limeades. We decided that we are going to have these every Friday night for dinner during the summer. I believe that's called a tradition.

It's a miracle!

They are way tooooooooo simple to make at home and waywayway cheaper than going out to Sonic and purchasing them for 5 people. Who think they need Route 44 drinks. Even going during Happy Hour takes a five spot. These cost around $3 a batch. Limeade--$1.50--could get it cheaper if I would remember to purchase the store brand when I am in a large chain store that shall-remain-nameless-but-pisses-me-off-on-a-regular-basis. But I digress.

Anyway. Limeade--$1.50, soda 10/$10 and cherries are a $1.89. They last for 3 batches. Unless one of my children stands at the fridge and pours them down her throat. Eeewwww, gross.

Pour limeade in pitcher. Pour soda in. Mix gently.

Pour more soda in.


Put a little cherry juice in. Pour rest of soda in and stir GENTLY. I usually put several cherries in just for good luck.


If you are a really good mom, then you have these awesome cups. No, not the red ones. The other ones. They have that magic layer that freezes when you put them in your freezer and then when you pour your drink in, it gets kind of slushy. Just for the record....I don't remember purchasing these. I swear that it was a Grandma.
What kind of crazy mom would have these things taking up space in her freezer? Me. That's who.


And then you haul your dinner and yourself out to the breezeway and enjoy a little slice of homemade Heaven.
The Dad and I like a little ice in ours.....


Ahh, it's Friday night and the livin' is good. Just sayin'.

No comments:


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17