We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Still Here

Yep. I am still here.
But I am supposed to be cleaning my kitchen. Top to bottom. Every cabinet. Every drawer. Even under the dreaded sink. Eeeewwww...gross.
So I started today. I did 3 cabinets.

It sucked. Who the heck put all that crap in my cabinets?

See this stuff....that matching bowl and platter? Got it for a wedding gift. It has NEVER been used. I have moved it to 4 houses.

And this stuff.....there are 8 crystal platters in there somewhere. Why do I have 8? Geez--who knows? In my house right now I have no less than 15 platters. Call me if you need a freakin' platter. Don't get started on my bowl collection. That's another post.

And this stuff.....this platter was my husband's grandmother's. Oh and see those crystal bowls? I have a large salad bowl to go with them. It has candy in it on top of my fridge. Need a bowl with a handle? Say to carry around your cereal? I got 3. Call me. I can hook you up.


And this stuff....my grandma bought this watermelon bowl for me. It weighs a ton and takes up some serious counter space. I packed it in the tub marked "College Girl Kitchen". It's an heirloom now. She can deal with it.


It was ALL in 2 cabinets and the top shelf of the plate/bowl/glasses cabinet. Don't ask me. I have no idea why I have all this stuff.

Yep. I washed it and put most of it right back in the cabinet.

2 comments:

The Rankins said...

The "matching bowl" looks neat! You could use that for a candy dish or even a bowl for jewelry next to a sink. Well, mom and I are having a garage sale 2 houses down this month...gather it up and bring it over! or Ebay?

Robin Crimmin said...

I so miss you in the summer !!! lol :)


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17