We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Sunday, June 7, 2009

FamFit...I Think

So Mr. Wonderful has come up with a plan.

A plan to get our family in shape.

A plan to make us all hate him.

And it is working. The hating part.

One time when he was a coach, a player asked him if he laid awake at night thinking of torturous conditioning drills to put them through. Guess what? He retired from coaching--but still lays awake at night think of torturous drills to put his FAMILY through.

Here is today's FamFit (that's what he is calling it on his blog):
Using a 10 pound weight, do 10 "swings". As many sets of 10 as you can in 10 minutes.

Which was a compromise....he was going to have us do it for 20 minutes with 5 pound weights. He was using a 50 pound weight. But then there was such moaning from his gene pool that he bumped our weight up and our time down. Same diff is all I can say.

College Girl complained the entire time about being forced to do this FamFit. She didn't want to (whinewhine). Well, then you shouldn't have had 16 chocolate chip cookies. And your great-grandmother should have gotten in the big boob line instead of the big butt line when gene pools were being handed out. So sorry sucks to be you---just sayin'.


This girl on the other hand, rocked the house. She did 22 sets of 10 with a 10 pound weight. The more her sister complained the harder this girl worked.


I also rocked the 42 year old lady house. I did 11 sets with a 10 pound weight. I thought maybe I was gonna die but alas, not so. I instead got on my bike when I was done and rode my 3.4 mile route in 25 minutes. It's a very hilly route--and my legs were kind of jello-like (more than usual) when I arrived home.

I have completed week three of FamFit. And I have been walking for 60 minutes every morning. I feel pretty good. I have slept through the night 5 nights in a row....which is a complete miracle....and what a difference it makes in my life. And everyone I encounter also feels better because I am so much more pleasant when I can sleep through the night.

My son is not pictured because he is taking the pictures that you see above. And he is somewhat injured. He banged into the corner of the starting block with his shoulder yesterday at his swim meet. Getting out of the pool during WARM UPS. He did do part of this workout. Probably more than College Girl.

Anyway, I can hardly wait to see what FamFit brings us tomorrow!

1 comment:

Ann said...

I would love to have Mr. Wonderful create a plan for me!!! Though my great-grandma must of not hung-out with yours as she got in the the big-boob line!!!:-)


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17