We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Way Back Wednesday on Thursday

I know already. I missed yesterday. And I almost missed today. I had extremely good intentions and they paved the road straight to hell. Somehow it was morning and then it was 10:30 p.m. And the hours in between were spent in what would seem unproductive to the outside world but on the inside of my little world, were, well...pretty darn fun.

I walked with my buddies at 6:30 a.m. and then I took Frick to the dentist. My hamstrings are so tight I can barely walk.

Finish at dentist and return to town. Stop to help out some friends at a church. End up having wonderful time and go out to lunch. Chicken fried steak sandwich with real mayo and freshly fried french fries. Does it get any better? Yep--Having spectacular conversation with great friends--and I very much enjoyed that 90 minute lunch. My hamstrings are so tight I can barely walk.

Come home and some chores. My hamstrings are so tight I can barely walk.

Take some phone calls and make some decisions about the dinner I am leaving for my people. That's right...LEAVING. I went to a women's function. I wasn't related to anyone at the function. Yippee!! My hamstrings are so tight I can barely walk.

I had the opportunity to attend the Women's Theme Dinner 2009 hosted by a local church. I got to sit at the "Each An Artist" table with 7 other women. We had a wonderful meal, some fantastic entertainment and a very thought provoking speaker. My hamstrings are so tight I can barely walk.

This was the centerpiece for the table. It was sooooo kewl. I am telling you that I need to get one of these thingys....clear plastic on a like a lazy susan wheel. Oh man. It was tough to leave it there.


We each had the opportunity to decorate our place mats. This is one of the hostesses....


And this is mine....can you guess what grade I teach? I just can't get it out of my system no matter how hard I try. My hamstrings are so tight I can barely walk.

Isn't it amazing how we forget how to act like grown-ups when we rarely spend time with them? For a few moments after my arrival, I felt like I was in the wrong place. But after a few adjustments and a number of friendly faces...and some people who thought I was hilarious....it was all good.

Isn't this quote so true?


And did you notice that there isn't a way back picture? I started to post one, didn't like it and changed directions. Welcome to summertime in the life of a teacher.

Did I mention that My hamstrings are so tight I can barely walk? Just sayin'.

No comments:


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17