We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Baseball Game

Today we had the opportunity to see our nephew, Nick from the City, play baseball. It was so much fun! The weather was gorgeous and they played at an absolutely positively beautiful stadium. I could have sat there all day watching baseball. But, alas, the game ended...they won and we went to Target and ate at Arby's. It was a good day.


Here is The Nationals really cool first base coach. Just don't tell his people that he is this cool. They mightwill laugh out loud. Maybe even need oxygen. (Yep, this is Nick's dad and one of the older brothers of sexy man who makes gravy)


Nicky plays first base. He's pretty darn good. He didn't miss one ball the whole time we were there. I think he was trying to impress me. Never mind. It wasn't me...it was his uncle.

I just love to take pictures of baseball players walking away. This shot isn't the clearest but I love the way it looks. And I love my Nicky...he is always smiling and easy to tease. He has been a fun kid to watch grow up. Thanks, Nick for all the memories....love you.


I took video of him hitting...but he ends up walking because he gets hit. I wish I could hit him with a baseball.



His mom wishes she could hit him with a baseball....

because once again, he thought it would be very funny to get a mohawk. At least this time his senior pictures aren't scheduled. Oh, he so did that to her last summer. Got a mohawk weeks before his pics were scheduled. She was one hot momma. Nick kind of has that effect on her....

And yes, my hamstrings are better but tonight's workout allowed me to do around 100 body weight squats, 100 push-ups (modified--girl push-ups against a wall--but still) and 150 jump ropes. So now my quads.....and arms.....and.......

No comments:


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17