We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Friday, June 5, 2009

Food on Friday

Well, here it goes. Food on Friday. Clever, eh? Dorky is more like it. But I am doing it anyway. School's out and I think I can make this work for the summer. The first installment is....Banana Muffins. They weren't my first choice and Frick (she is waiting for her brother to get out of bed to see if he will ride down to the bakery to get donuts with her!) doesn't even like them but I had brown spotted bananas that needed to be used up PDQ. My first choice was my much requested chocolate chip cookie recipe. Maybe next week.

Let's get this party started already.....

Banana Muffins

4 cups of flour
bananas--I used all of these that are pictured
1 cup melted butter
2 tsp. baking powder
3-6 shakes of cinnamon
1 tbsp. vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups of sugar
6 tbsp. of milk
1 tsp. soda
Bake at 350.
Makes 24-36 muffins.


Forgot to put the eggs and milk in the original picture, realized it as I was putting ingredients together. Duh.

Chop bananas.
Pour melted butter in with bananas and mix.


Add everything else. MIXMIXMIX.


It will be a kind of soupy batter.


If you have muffin tins that you got from your grandmother who bought them in 1954, spray them generously with baking spray.


I use an ice cream scooper to put my batter into the muffin cups. Do you?


Here is the tricky part...bake at 350 for.....well, it depends on your oven. My 1954 pink oven takes between 12 and 15 minutes. Depends on how it is feeling. So here is my suggestion....set your timer for 12 minutes, check 'em and evaluate from there. Poke a toothpick in the center and if it comes out clean...they might be done.



I realize that these wouldn't win a ribbon at the fair for presentation....who gives a rip? They taste completely awesome.

Have a wonderful Friday.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummy......I can smell them from my house!!!
Very clever Aunt Kelli...Food on Friday.....like that!!!
:-):-)


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17