We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Monday, September 28, 2009

Dinner

So we had these for dinner tonight....and they are SUPER easy and you probably have everything to make them in your pantry. I would at least double the ingredients...I actually quadrupled them. Not the potatoes....I used 4 of them and one that was kind of on the smallish side. I also baked them longer than the recipe called for--it was more like 45 to 60 minutes. I know I should have taken a picture of my plate...it was pretty.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Oven-Fresh-Seasoned-Potato-Wedges/Detail.aspx

We also had pulled pork sandwiches. The Dad and I (the Twins had green beans) had baked butternut squash. MMMMMM.....have you ever done that? I cut a squash in half, spray a cookie sheet and plop the squash cut side down on it and bake until tender. OH MY. A little pat of butter and some salt and pepper and it is heaven on a plate. Just sayin'.

No comments:


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17