We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tuesday and Monday

So I didn't post yesterday. But I meant to. I had to iron my pants for the week. And then I had to, well. I am sure I had to do one more thing. Because that's what I do...I do one more thing and then all of a sudden it's 7:20 a.m. and I haven't had a shower and I am supposed to be standing in my classroom pretending I know what I am doing at 8:00 a.m. With a lunch and a snack for later. The expectations seem a little out of line.

Notice the new pic of my little lovelies? Same song, seventeenth verse. This is the last picture I snapped before a kicking fight began and someone ended up hurt. There was yelling. Crying. Cussing. Try to guess who....oh yeah, it was the injury princess. Not the cussing part. That was me. I give up. I quit. NO more pictures of them after church.

My favorite mother-in-law sent me a gift a while back:


This is a most wonderful little book. One of the things that I love is that when I read the reflection for the day, I know she is reading the same one. It's a good feel...Just sayin'.

Anyway, the book is by my husband's Uncle Ed. He is a priest/writer/artist. His first "job" after he was ordained as a priest was to perform the wedding ceremony of my in-laws. He has baptized all of the Hays kids, married us and baptized all of our kids. He is the most amazing man.

And this book is just one more example of his incredible his mind and it's like he wrote it just for me. Well, and Granny. I am pretty sure he likes me best. Everyone does. Right, Mom?

By the way....heading to the State Fair with the band tomorrow. Buses are leaving at 5:15 a.m. Um, yeah. 60 teenagers at 5 in the morning. I would tell you that it is quiet and that would be a lie. Pray for me. I always think that it seems like a good idea to be a sponsor of these trips until the trip actually comes and then not so much....

Have a great Tuesday....Just sayin'.

No comments:


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17