We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

10 Things I Know For Sure

1.  If it sounds like a fart, and it smells like a fart, it's a fart.

2.  I hate winter.

3.  I really like warm starch with melted dairy.

4.  Christmas break 2009 is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too short.

5.  I never want to see ham again.  Who thought a 20 pound ham would be just enough for 8 people? 

6.  What goes up must come down.  Dang Christmas treeS. 

7.  Shopping is the stupidest sport ever invented.

8.  Coffee and a newspaper is a great way to start my day.  If my children are still sleeping...even better.

9.  Cancer stinks eggs.

10.  Laughing out loud is good for the soul.  Belly laughing until you cry...priceless. Just sayin'.

1 comment:

Mrs. E said...

I totally agree with #6. I'm thinking of enjoying it for a few more days. (I can procrastinate with the best of them!)

#8- you and I could be twins. But if the hubby is asleep--even better! I don't have to share the paper!

#9- AMEN

#10- Your #1 brought that on here!

You made my day today!


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17