We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Memories

This is a classic...from my childhood....and waywayway before. 

You know when I hear these 'classics' I am instantly transplanted to that time in my life.  The beautiful silver tree, Grandma Hillbilly's, Santa's Toyshop on Grandma's miniature TV in the sewing room and Christmas programs at school.  So many things flood my mind.....

I hope my children have memories to carry them through a lifetime...just sayin'.

1 comment:

Mrs. E said...

I'm with you- Toyboy and Santa; sacks of candy, peanuts, and an orange; the Christmas pagaent at church; caroling parties; Mom's fudge! Thanks for the memories! Merry Christmas! And a holly, jolly one to you!


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17