We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature--trees, flowers, grass--grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence...We need silence to be able to touch souls. --Mother Teresa

Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009/2010

I always find this a tough day...do I look back (and over self-reflect) or do I look forward (and over self-reflect)?

Looking back....
This was another good year for the Hays Crew.

Truth be told, every year is a good year.  That's just how we roll.

It's simply the way we were raised.  Our moms are the kind of women whose strength and guidance continue to lead us.  Put your feet on the ground one at a time, say a prayer and go out into the world.  We are very lucky that both of these women continue to grace us with their presence here on earth.


When two nerds mate, this is what you get....




I am afraid to blink.  Didn't they look like this....



just last year?  NO?  I suppose not.  But in my mind, they do and I will forever look like this.....



No.  Really.  Seriously. 

Looking forward...

2010 will be a year much like the other 23 years have been....Truth be told, every year is a good year.  That's just how we roll.

New Year's Resolutions?  Maybe.  I like to think of them as 'things to practice'.  I have some left over from last year....sewing, scrapbooking, and learning to crochet.  Coach always has the same resolution.  Don't ask.  Suffice it to say that I think every man who has a wife has the same resolution.  

We do have some things to look forward to....CG will be 20 in April.  Frick and Frack will be 16 in May.  Time marches on.

Don't blink.  Just sayin'.

No comments:


Your own soul is nourished when you are kind, but you destroy yourself when you are cruel. -Proverbs 11: 17